TOWN OF AMITY
July 9, 2018
Present: Glenn Williams, Edward Estabrook, Pat Miller, Selectmen, Margaret Frye, Town Manager, and Larry Hamilton
- Meeting opened at 6 PM by Glenn Williams.
- Minutes of June 9, 2018 meeting were read and accepted.
- The Treasurers Warrants were approved and signed.
- The Bank Statements and correspondence was opened, signed and approved.
- The Selectmen signed the contact for Houlton Humane Society. They increased the contract $468.00 for this year. They also charge $25.00 for each animal that is taken there. The Selectmen VYU that if the owner of the animal is found that they will be billed the $25.00.
- The Selectmen VYU to have the Town Roads graded again. Glenn will contact Nickerson Construction.
- The Selectmen signed the LRAP papers.
- Larry Hamilton spoke to the Selectmen on getting a new flag pole for the Veterans Monument. He has found someone, who remains anonymous at this time, who will donate a 30-foot fiberglass flag pole. Larry is going to try and get two 20 feet flag poles donated. The Selectmen told Larry they want to think about it because there will be a cost to the Town for installing them and there is no money budgeted for it.
- Pat mentioned that the stop sign at the end of the Estabrook Road going to Route One was hidden by bushes and they need to be cut back, also she said that the bushes by Mary Gregor’s need to be cut. One of the men will take care of it.
- Meeting closed at 6:55 pm
Margaret Frye, Town Manager